Clean, fix and give splendor... Joomla 4.3 is now available
We are at Joomla Day USA this week and I can't see a better place to celebrate the release of Joomla 4.3
This podcast is sponsored by Hepta Technologies, your trusted partner for your web projects. Looking to take your projects to the next level? Look no further in Hepta Technologies, we will make your projects come true.
Joomla 4.3 is now available
Although its most prominent feature is guided tours, Joomla 4.3 has been released with numerous exciting improvements to the usability and stability of our Joomla sites. And yes, you may now easily create interactive administrator tutorials for your customers.
Joomla 4.3 release party!
JUG London organized a Joomla 4.3 release party. It was a hybrid remote and in presence event at JUG headquarters. Among the attendees was Olivier Buisard, the brand-new release leader for this version.
Let's celebrate Joomla!
Submit your site to win a J-Otto Award
From the prestigious J!Otto Awards we are advised that you can submit your sites to compete for these prestigious awards until June 15. They only accept sites in English or German. This year, only sites at the most current version at the time of nomination will be accepted into the contest. It's a good time to submit all those wonderful things you've been doing with Joomla 4 this year.
Joomla Madrid User Group meets to talk about Joomla 4
On May 11 the JUG Madrid will meet again to tell all the news that Joomla 4 brings, features, how to make migrations and even discuss projects developed in Joomla 4. If you plan to be in Madrid in those days, do not hesitate to stop by!
WordPress Accessibility Day 2023 will be held in September
The WordPress Accessibility Day organization has announced the dates for the 2023 edition of the event. The event is a 24-hour online conference open to everyone, and this year it will be held on September 27 and 28. Although it is an event that revolves around WordPress, it is very interesting because it highlights many practices that we can follow and learn from the techniques to make sites more accessible. In fact, in the 2022 edition I had the honor of participating as a speaker with the talk: How we made Joomla 4 accessible.
New deadline to submit your proposals for JoomlaDay Spain
The organization of JoomlaDay Spain has extended the deadline for submitting session proposals and now you have until June 30 (inclusive) to submit your session. I remind you that the event will bring together the entire Joomla community in Spain and will be on the 5th and 6th of October in Madrid.
April's issue of Joomla Magazine
The new edition of the magazine comes loaded with many interesting articles. From an interview with the current president of OSM, to a summary of the state of the multidomain solution for Joomla after the work in the last CloudFest. I already have my reading list ready, don't miss it!
Joomlaverse in week 16 of 2023
This week the Joomla world has not been quiet, and we have the following relevant publications:
- From JoomlaShack, Steve Burge shares his experience after migrating JCal Pro to Joomla 4 and a clear request for Joomla 5.
- Tim Davis has shared several videos this week. He tells us how to fix a common mistake when migrating to Joomla 4, he has also made a comparative on module positions between Protostar and Cassiopeia. Finally, he celebrated the release of Joomla 4.3 and the new router for tags.
- Sergio Iglesias published an article in Spanish with 8 reasons why you should upgrade your website to Joomla 4 in which he clearly steals the name of the last episode of the Mastermind Web podcast (7 useful tricks in Joomla).
- Phoca Extensions published an article on how to install a child template in Joomla. At Mastermind Web we have made a episode of the podcast on what are child templates in Joomla and another video episode on how to create a child template for Joomla.
- Scala Hosting has published an article on how to build a PWA in Joomla. Unfortunately, they have gone overboard with the copy and paste and have mixed WordPress plugins in Joomla.... Still, it's an interesting guide to get you started!
And these updates of extensions:
- JCal Pro 5 is now available and is the first version compatible with Joomla 4.
- LineLab has released the free LBOX template. A template that as they tell us combines WPO, simplicity and flexibility And all this for free!
- From Cyberclick they wrote a very polarized comparison between Hubspot vs Joomla (in Spanish). Joomla's trends are not that down if they have to do an SEO article to rank for Joomla's name...
Finally, these new extensions caught my attention:.
- Kevin Guides offers Auto Scroll Spy, an extension to generate the index of your article based on the headers you have and also allows you to configure it to accompany the user while scrolling the page.
- Extensions to create forms are always in the number one request of newbies. Another option has entered the directory of extensions Custom XML Form, a module that allows you to create your own forms in Joomla using the same XML format as the native forms of the extensions.
That's all for this week. Thanks for tuning in to this episode about Joomla news. I hope you found it informative and engaging. We want to hear from you! If you have any Joomla news or updates you'd like to share, or if you have any comments or feedback on the episode, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. You can send your news and comments to our email address, or connect with us on social media. We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing from you soon. Keep on rocking with Joomla!