Joomla 5 is coming. Design the future!!
Joomla 5 is in the horizon and Joomla project challenges you to design the look of the project for the following years. Do you dare?
Joomla challenges you to design the project landing pages for Joomla 5
In the last edition of Joomla Magazine, the marketing team started a challenge for a new design for Joomla 5. The Joomla 5 design challenge consists on creating a design for the main joomla.org or the Joomla 5 landing page, and you can submit your ideas till June 14th. Please, please, please, check your color contrast before submitting your ideas ;).
New session of JoomlaDay USA open to everyone
Have you already seen all the JoomlaDay USA videos and want more? Don't worry! Next June 3rd there is a new session open to everyone where Elisa Foltyn will do a Q&A about YooTheme Pro. The session will be recorded and will be available afterwards only for those who had their ticket for JoomlaDay USA. Register and participate!
Session available: Guide to getting started with accessibility testing
The recording of the webinar on how to start accessibility testing for developers is now available.
Available the JoomlaDagen 2023 videos
The videos of the JoomlaDay Netherlands 2023 sessions are now available. We currently have 8 sessions on their YouTube channel with videos in English and in Dutch.
Release candidate of Joomla 4.3.2
Joomla version 4.3.2 is about to be released and as usual, the project published the first release candidate, so we can test the new improvements and fixes on our test sites.
This podcast is sponsored by Hepta Technologies, your trusted partner for your web projects. Looking to take your projects to the next level? Look no further in Hepta Technologies, we will make your projects come true.
JoomlaVerse fourth week of May 2023
This week the Joomla world has not been quiet, and we have the following relevant publications:
- Linguise tells us in a video in English how to automatically translate our Joomla site.
- DJ-Extensions leaves us an article on how to monetize your classifieds' portal with DJ-Classifieds.
- CK Extensions has posted an article on how to use a tag to load a carousel with their CK Slider extension.
- Tim Davis in his Maintenance Monday brought us a video on how to filter by content in the Joomla Article Manager and in his Watch Me Work session he did an introduction to the Regular Labs Tooltips extension.
- Weeblr published an introduction article for their new AI extension: 4AI (available in audio and text).
- At CMS Junkie they bring us the last guide to securing your Joomla site and an article on how to migrate to Joomla 4.
- Robbie Jackson brings us a video on the Joomla 4 UI changes and some details on the HtmlHelper function.
- On Joomla.de they bring us an interview in German with Niko Winckel, member of the virtual JUG DACH (available in audio and text).
And these extension updates:
- JCE is now at version 2.9.37 with several enhancements and fixes.
- YooTheme Pro has reached version 4.0 with major accessibility and productivity improvements.
- JoomShaper has released the Helix Ultimate 2.0.13 update.
- JoomlaShack has released the professional version of OSPam-a-Not, its plugin to prevent SPAM on Joomla sites. To the already complete free version, this professional version adds the possibility to choose the context of the form you want to protect from your site. If you want another alternative, you can see the free plugin to combat SPAM in your Joomla contact forms, Contact Pot that I have available in Hepta Extensions.
We also found this discount:
- A 30% discount on JoomlArt to celebrate your 18 years of service to the Joomla community Thank you for being with us all this time!
That's all for this week. If you just know about this podcast, remember you can find it weekly on Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcast or even YouTube. On the podcast page you have all links to subscribe and even the RSS feed link.
It's Saturday afternoon. Go outside and find a nice museum to be inspired.
Thank you for listening.