Joomla community gets ready to celebrate Joomla 5
With the imminent release of the stable release of Joomla 5, Joomla community starts planning to celebrate this major outbreak in Joomla history.
This podcast is sponsored by Hepta Technologies, your trusted partner for your web projects. Looking to take your projects to the next level? Look no further in Hepta Technologies, we will make your projects come true.
Latest Joomla 5 release candidate available
Following its development plan, we can now enjoy the second release candidate of Joomla 5. In this new release candidate have been fixed some problems with dark mode and caching, in addition to the final improvements of the site microdata. This is the last test version before next October 17, when the stable version of Joomla 5 will be released.
Joomlaverse in the second week of October 2023
This week, the Joomla world has not been quiet, and we have the following relevant publications:
- JoomlArt announces its plan to upgrade products to Joomla 5. They also tell us about what's new in Joomla 5 in a post very similar to the ones published by Joomill and Daniel Dubois last week…
- At Joomla.de, they published the German version of the release note of the second release candidate of Joomla 5 (in German).
- Sergio Iglesias tells us How to customize the error 500 in Joomla 4 and the advantages it brings us (in Spanish). Also this week makes doublet and brings us an article on the Steps to migrate a website to Joomla 5 (in Spanish).
- In Kunena tell us about the release of Kunena 6.2 RC1 that will be compatible with Joomla 4.3, 4.4 and Joomla 5.0.
- DJ-Extensions announces the update of its Quick Start packages for many of its templates.
- On YouTube, Alan James has posted the video of the second part of his interview with Tim Davis.
- From Spain, the videos of last JoomlaDay ES sessions are available. Most are in Spanish, with a couple of them in English.
In the next week we will have the following events:
- From the Joomla User Group London invite us next Tuesday 17 to a Joomla 5 launch party
- The small business virtual Joomla user group will meet next Thursday, 19.
That's all for this week. If you just know about this podcast, remember you can find it weekly on Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast or even YouTube. On the podcast page you have all links to subscribe and also a nice RSS feed link to use in your favorite podcast's app.
It's Saturday, and it's starting to get chilly out there. Go out and buy a nice umbrella to welcome the rain.