May full of Accessibility and Joomla events
This month of may comes full of interesting events around Joomla and accessibility. But first...
Joomla 4.3.1 is out
The first minor release of Joomla 4.3 is out. This release fixes cookie lifetime issues, CLI updates for plugins and tags not showing ItemId in the url.
Vote for Joomla in the 20i FOSS awards
Til May 26 we can vote for Joomla in the 20i FOSS awards in the category of best CMS (Content Management System). These awards are organized by the hosting company 20i and are focused on rewarding the open source projects most valued by the community. Don't wait go and vote now!!
JoomlaDay France 2023 will be on June 17th and 17th.
The French-speaking association of Joomla users has announced that the JoomlaDay France 2023 will take place on 16 and 17 June in the city of Metz. The event will be face-to-face, and they call for speakers is already open. You may also sponsor the event to make it a success.
Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Next Thursday 18th we celebrate the Global Accessibility Awareness Day, an event that happens since 2011 on the third Thursday of May to highlight the importance of accessibility in our lives. On this day, many organizations hold face-to-face and online events with talks where they make us aware of the current problems and offer solutions for many of them. On the event's website you have all the agenda and activities to celebrate around the world.
New version of Sally library with Joomla improvements
JoomlaVerse in week 18 of 2023
This week the Joomla world has not been quiet and we have the following relevant publications:
- From company Web-Eau, Daniel Dubois steals some ideas from Crystal Dionysopoulos to bring us an interesting article in French Why and how to adapt Joomla to your customers
- This week, I discovered a series of videos from KevinGuides on how to develop templates for Joomla 4
- Tim Davis returns to his Maintenance Mondays with a video on how to make the Joomla 4 media manager load faster. A very special guest was also brought in to make his recap of JoomlaDay USA.
- Yannick Gaultier tells us that he will be at next week's JoomlaDay Netherlands and will be presenting a new extension there that unleashes the full power of AI in Joomla.
- DJ-Extensions is also coming to JoomlaDay Netherlands and announces interesting gifts if you come to see them there.+
- Sergio Iglesias wrote an article to motivate people to attend next JUG Madrid meeting.
- JoomlaShack published its monthly recap of Joomla news for April. And they mentioned us!!!
We found these relevant extensions updates:
- PhocaCart is now at version 4.0.7 and can now add the correct taxes even for non-registered customers.
- VirtueMart also published a bug fix release with a detailed explanation on the issues.
In the next week, we have a packed agenda of Joomla events:
- On Monday the 8th we will have a JUG D-A-CH meeting where they will talk about new developments in GDPR. The meeting will be face-to-face and in German.
- The JUG Australia meeting is announced for Tuesday the 9th, but we have not found information about the event on their website. Mind you, the event is virtual and in English.
- JUG Madrid is coming back on Thursday 11th to talk about Joomla 4 improvements. You probably want to know Spanish but I'm sure they will feel you like home even if you just speak English.
- On Thursday 12th begins the JoomlaDay Netherlands which for 2 days will have the main Joomla figures in Europe in its conference rooms. This event is an in person event and you may come if you speak English or Dutch
Finally we found this discount: