Joomla 5, the darkest Joomla for a brighter future
With the new dark mode in Joomla 5, we can enjoy a darker version of the Joomla Administrator with other important features, all explained in this episode.
This podcast is sponsored by Hepta Technologies, your trusted partner for your web projects. Looking to take your projects to the next level? Look no further in Hepta Technologies, we will make your projects come true.
New version of the JED Checker component
The Joomla project has released a new version of the JED Checker component that removes compatibility with Joomla 3.7 and adds compatibility with Joomla 4.4 and 5. JED Checker is a useful extension for checking our extensions before submitting them for publishing to the Joomla Extensions Directory.
The third beta version of Joomla 5 is now available for testing.
The Joomla project has released the third beta of the next version of Joomla, according to their release plans and it will be released next month. It's a good time to test Joomla 5 and report any bugs you find ;)
Joomlaverso in the last week of September 2023
This week, the Joomla world has not been quiet, and we have the following relevant publications:
- Ruud van Lent says that Joomla 3 has left the building and tells us why his extensions are now only compatible with Joomla 4 and Joomla 5 .
- From Joomill we have a great summary of all the new features Joomla 5 will bring in Dutch. Daniel Dubois translated it into English in his summary of what Joomla 5 will be. A must-read!
- Allon Moritz told us why Joomla 5 is the most important release in history.
- At RSJoomla they brag about the interface improvements in RSForms when creating forms with RS Forms.
- Michael Russell brings us an article on how to add Google Analytics 4 to your site without extensions.
- At TemplateJoomla.com they share the Joomla extensions they couldn't get by without.
- Sigrid Gramlinger posted her impressions about JoomlaDay DACH on Linkedin Pulse.
- Sergio Iglesias presented us his latest project: the migration of the website of the Spanish Society of Cardiology to Joomla 4 (post is in Spanish).
- On his YouTube channel (Basic Joomla Tutorials), Tim Davis tells us how to Get better error messages in Joomla 4, What to do when you can't change the author of an article in Joomla, and how to fix the duplicate "modified" column error when installing extensions.
- Finally the Small Business Owners group posted the video of their last meeting where Phil Walton gave a demo of IA with Joomla.
That's all for this week. If you just know about this podcast, remember you can find it weekly on Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Podcast or even YouTube. On the podcast page you have all links to subscribe and even the RSS feed link.
It's Sunday and JoomlaDay ES is coming, go pack your bags and come to meet us in Madrid ;)